Adductors + IT Band + TFL
Muscles Effected: Vastus Lateralis Vastus Medialis Tensor Fasciae Latae Adductors The Vastus Lateralis wraps around the outside of the...
How to use your Body Lever
Leave a comment, reaction, or feedback.
Body Lever for Beginners
Lever massage can give you relief from stress and pain. You don't even need a ton of equipment or much training, just good ***. Use this guide to learn more about self massage, including benefits, basic techniques, and tons of leverage.
Benefits of Lever Massage -
1. Relieve strain from work.
Has pounding the keyboard all day left you feeling stiff? Although you may feel a lot of this tension in your forearms, it may originate in your shoulders.
* Try the shoulder lever for a few minutes. Stretch while massaging by slowly raising your shoulders to your ears and moving your shoulders in slow circles forward and backward.
2. Combat insomnia and headaches.
Muscle or nerve tension could be keeping you up at night or making your head hurt.
* Gently work the nape of your neck with the neck lever technique . Move the knob in tiny strokes all along your neck and up to the back of the head.
3. Speed up your recovery from surgery or injury? Maybe…
At minimum, the perception of fatigue and range of motion are both enhanced with use of the Body Lever. Talk with your doctor or physical therapist about using massage as an aid in your recovery.
Basic approaches to Lever Massage
1. Get into position.
Before you begin, relax and take a few deep inhales, turn to your interDo some gentle movements, aerobics, yoga, or basic stretching.
2. What’s your style?
Create a comfortable space. Clear out a roomy area where you can move around easily. Playing soft music or lighting incense for aromatherapy may help you relax.
3. Protect your bones and joints.
While doing lever massage, regulating the pressure is an internal feedback loop, you control exactly where and how much you get. I like to say that “Your therapist gets better with every session.” When you’re doing the work, apply generous pressure to any area that brings relief.
* Between massage sessions, use hand exercises to strengthen your grip. People with strong hands are strong everywhere else. Squeeze a rubber ball or quickly alternate expanding your fingers and forming a fist.
4. Start off easy
Begin with light, short, smooth movements. Move slow and deliberately for the deepest and most powerful leverage.
5. Add pressure gradually.
The Body Lever will be able to apply as much pressure as you desire. Adding pressure in tiny increments as your body warms up and you reach deeper into the muscles advisable.
* Refrain from using the Body Lever on others, you cannot sense the amount of pressure applied, only small gestures or guidance is advisable.
6. Apply massage evenly
Give each side of your body similar treatment. For example, if you rub your right foot for 5 minutes, give your left foot the same attention.
*Pay distinct attention to the differences between each side. Over time, this single focus may increase your Kq (kinesthetic intelligence) the most of any other self practice.
7. Stretch. Complete your session by stretching out the muscle(s) you've been working on. Extend no further than a position you can hold comfortably for 30 seconds.
Self Massage Equipment and Tools
1. Your Hands.
Your hands can be adequate on their own, but you may like using tools, too. These props help increase circulation and stimulate your tissue while your hands do less work. They also help you get at hard to reach areas.
2. Body Lever. A combination of specialized props, a Body Lever can go to work on areas like your lower back where your hands may have trouble reaching.
* The Body Lever may be the most powerful AND versatile self massage tool in one design. The opposed action gives a distinct advantage over everything else, reciprocal massage, or, “getting” both sides of a muscular mechanical relationship with most techniques
Heated massage oils are a nice treat. You can buy self-heating formulas or just pop the bottle into the microwave or hot water for a short time.
* Oils make your work easier by reducing friction, but, it may make the lever slip out of your hands. If you like, you can also add fragrance while you moisturize your skin. Or choose neutral oil such as jojoba or almond.
4. Heat Pack.
Heat packs are another great supplement to massage. Warming up a sore back can relieve pain with no potentially dangerous side effects.
Self-care can be as simple as squeezing yourself with a Body Lever or using your hands. Even ten minutes of self massage can do wonders for your well-being. Get ready to knead your pain and stress away!